“Celtic FC Youth Academy now wants to give you the opportunity to observe first hand the coaching and development methods currently being used in the system right now to develop Champions League class player for the Club”
“The Celtic FC International Coaches Symposium will be overseen by Celtic FC Head of Youth and Academy, Chris McCart.”
The level of the course is comparable with UEFA B- (Basic) Course, with some elements of A- and Pro-level (especially the analysis of Pro-matches and special topics are on the highest level). Participants in this course will receive a Certificate of Participation. There will be no formal testing on knowledge and skills and coaches do not receive a diploma, due to the different entrance levels of the participants and the specific and non-comparable contents of this program in relation to other coaching programs.
- Good knowledge and experience of working with youth team and elite players
- A sound knowledge and understanding of age and stage of player development, systems of play and match analysis
Wednesday April 3, 2013
9am - Registration & Welcome at Celtic Park
10am - Chris McCart 'The Celtic Youth Academy'
11am - Greig Robertson 'The Celtic International Development Academy'
12pm - Lunch at Celtic Park
1pm - Tommy McIntyre 'The Next Gen Series – The Benefits'
2pm - Transfer to Lennoxtown
3pm - Iain Coll Practical
4pm- Tommy McIntyre Youth Team Practical
5pm-Michael O'Halloran Practical
6pm-Michael O'Halloran Theory
7pm-Sharing Best Practice Partner Club Practical Session
8pm-Transfer to Hotel
Friday April 5, 2013
7am- Transfer to St Ninians
8am-School Project U14/U15/U16 Practical Sessions
10am-Paul McLaughlin 'Educating Players for Life'
11am-Transfer to Celtic Park
12pm-Peter Lawwell 'Developing a World Class Football Club'
1pm-Lunch at Celtic Park
2pm-Stevie Frail / John Kennedy Development Squad Theory
3pm-Transfer to Lennoxtown
4pm-Stevie Frail / John Kennedy Development Team Practical
5pm-Martin Miller 'The Power of Positive Coaching'
6pm-Martin Miller 'Ball Manipulation and Developing Technique'
7pm-Colin Meldrum Goalkeeping Practical
8pm-Transfer to Hotel
Saturday April 6, 2013
9am-Transfer to Lennoxtown
10am-Youth Academy Matches U11S and/or U12s
11am-Youth Academy Matches U11s and/or U12s
12pm-Transfer to Celtic Park
1pm-Pre Match Hospitality
3pm- CELTIC FC V HIBERNIAN FC
4pm-CELTIC FC V HIBERNIAN FC
6pm-Neil Lennon Match Analysis and Q&A
Sunday, April 7, 2013
Departure flight from Glasgow
Participant prices Celtic FC International Coaches Symposium
Option B) US$ 2,859.00
Accommodation in single room with private bathroom and TV
In case you would like to arrange your own airline reservations, you can deduct $ 800.00 from the participant prices. We will only arrange your airport transfers if you arrive and leave (approx.) the same time as the other participants.
- 4 nights hotel accommodation Ibis type of hotel
- 2 meals per day
- All ground transportation needed for the symposium program
- Symposium participation fees
- Cutting edge presentations from Celtic FC Youth Academy staff
- Celtic vs. Hibernian game ticket
- Observe youth training sessions + feedback
- USB stick pre loaded with unique Celtic FC coaching session
- Nike tactic folder
- Celtic FC 2013 Coach Convention polo shirt
- Q&A session with Celtic FC Youth Academy staff after every session
- Unique access to some of the most qualified and advanced youth coaches in Europe
- Airfare, taxes and fuel surcharges from Newark airport (other gateways are available at an extra cost. Approx. supplements are between $ 150-$250 from other East Coast gateways; between $ 250-$350 from Midwest gateways and between $ 300-$350 from West Coast gateways).
- Travel and Medical Insurance
- Personal expenses and drinks
Application, general release, resume and medical release forms.
Please have every individual coach complete these forms and mail them to us with each coaches resume.